February 14, 2017 at 8:25 pm #14629
I just bought this plugin and I was trying to rename my /wp-admin/ to http://www.myDomain.com/go but it did not work, now they both give me a 404 error and I cant login.
I followed these in the video http://support.wpwave.com/videos/change-wp-admin-to-myadmin and what was shown there but It still did not work.
So here is what I did.
1. In the plugin settings, New wp-admin Path. I chagned to /go
2. Then opened my wp-config.php and put this line of code define(“ADMIN_COOKIE_PATH”, “/go”); right under the
/** The Database Collate type. Don’t change this if in doubt. */
and saved the changes.
3. Then I clicked I Did it (Login to New Dashboard) and it logged me in.
However, when I log out to log back in again to make sure it works not the /go page gives a 404, so I dont have a login page to login to my site.
I have cleared the cache of all the plugins before logging out, cleared the cache in my CloudFlare and also the cache of the browser. Still no luck!
Can you help? Thanks
February 15, 2017 at 3:07 am #14633
- This topic was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by Suman Maharjan.
Hi, please let us know your site’s wp-admin login details and FTP details as private reply so that we can look into the issue and fix it for you.February 15, 2017 at 3:46 am #14635February 15, 2017 at 3:46 am #14636February 15, 2017 at 10:37 am #14644This reply has been marked as private.February 15, 2017 at 5:57 pm #14669February 16, 2017 at 5:17 am #14680
Hi, I’ve applied these settings:
– in HMWP start tab, set ‘Medium Privacy – More Compatibility’ scheme and save the settings
– in HMWP permalinks & urls tab, set “rename plugins” option to “all plugins” and save the settings
– in HMWP permalinks & urls tab, set “new wp-admin path” to “mutkq” and followed the onscreen instructions
Note: The backend login URL is http://www.YourDomain.com/wp-login.php?hide_my_wp=1234 (you can change secret code “hide_my_wp=1234” from general settings tab)
Please check and let us know.February 20, 2017 at 6:16 pm #14747February 21, 2017 at 6:02 am #14755
Hi, that’s normal behaviour of the plugin. Once you select settings scheme and save the settings, the selected settings will be applied (you can see the paths being renamed in Permalinks & URLs tab). Also you can view the site’s page source (CTRL + U) and see the default WP paths being renamed.
And currently HMWP doesn’t have option to rename wp-login.php. So you’ll need to use path like wp-login.php?hide_my_wp=1234. We might add this functionality in the future releases.March 2, 2017 at 6:37 pm #14978March 3, 2017 at 9:14 am #14994This reply has been marked as private.March 3, 2017 at 8:42 pm #15007March 4, 2017 at 3:06 am #15009
No, you should leave that line commented. Only add/enable that line if you rename wp-admin path name in HMWP settings.
Note: “mutkq” is new name for wp-admin you entered in settings.March 23, 2017 at 5:37 pm #15310March 24, 2017 at 4:48 am #15312
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.