Home Forums WordPress Plugins Hide My WP Compatibility issues / Thrive Leads plugin

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    NWS-NGO

Dear Hide My WP team!

We recently implemented Thrive Leads plugin (https://thrivethemes.com) on our website that uses Hide My WP for a better WordPress security.
    Unfortunately, the plugin is incompatible with Hide My WP – we deactivated it and confirmed that it is your plugin that causes the problem.

I contacted Thrive Leads developers and got the following answer:

Our developers investigated this issue and this is what they suggest: “The problem most likely comes from the fact that the security plugin somehow redirects the page needed in order to edit the form. My suggestion would be to contact the developers from the other plugin and ask them if they can add an exception for all the urls that have “tve=true”. This is required if we want thrive leads to work properly. As always we are open to a discussion if the other developers need any more information from us.”

Would you be able to implement it in the next update?

DETAILED DESCRIPTION:

I’ve installed a Thrive Leads plugin to create top/bottom ribbons on my webpage. I have created a new Lead Group as well as added Ribbon form element:

https://snag.gy/DqAZkW.jpg

Please use the credentials below to log in and go to mydomain.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=thrive_leads_dashboard#form-type/183611

THE PROBLEM: each time I try to edit the element itself, I am being redirected to a new tab directing to a nonexistent page on my website.
    mydomain.com/?post_type=tve_form_type&p=183611&tve=true&_key=1&r=59e8bb34f0d52

Please advice.

Kind regards,
    NWS-NGO

CREDENTIALS HIDDEN

Suman M.

Hi, it’s WP Multisite, so I couldn’t change the settings in HMWP as htaccess file needs to be updated manually. Can you please let us know the FTP details too so that we can update htaccess file? Thanks!

NWS-NGO

Hi! Could you please privately post the updated htaccess so that I can forward it to our IT department? This is a live website, so please be extremely careful and do not apply any changes on your own. Thank you!

Suman M.

Okay, can you please try these and see if the issue still remains:

1) click on ‘reset settings to WP’ button in HMWP settings page, and check if the issue with thrive plugin is gone.

2) if thrive Plugin works fine in case 1 above then, apply “medium privacy more compatibility” settings scheme from HMWP start tab, and check thrive Plugin.

3) if thrive Plugin does not work in case 2,then please try applying “light privacy most compatibility” settings in HMWP.

Let us know the result in each of the cases above.

Note: each time you update HMWP settings, you’ll also need to update your site’s htaccess file.
    Also, before proceeding with above steps, you can export your current HMWP settings by clicking on “export current settings” button and saving it in a text file.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Suman M..
    NWS-NGO
    This reply has been marked as private.
    NWS-NGO
    NWS-NGO
    Suman M.

We’ll get back to you regarding the license.
    Did you try my suggestions/steps as mentioned in my previous comment? Please do try and let us know the result in each of the cases.

Vikas Singhal
    NWS-NGO
    NWS-NGO

Hi,

Our IT team investigated the problem and found the solution. I have sent it to the Thrive Leads developers.

The problem is Thrive Leads plugin generating form URL-s as well as referrals to CSS files that ignore Hide My WP settings.

By changing the value of the “post query” field in the HMWP plugin settings page to any other than the default “p”, the link to the Thrive Leads form editing page does not update accordingly and leaves the “p” parameter hardwired in the URL.

Similarly, the “inc.css” file receives the old URL and ignores hide my wp setting. As a result, browser cannot locate the file.

We suspect that Thrive Leads uses hard-coded URL-s instead of using the default WordPress function to generate links [ plugins_url() or plugin_dir_path() ]

Example:
    “domain.com/?post_type=tve_lead_shortcode&p=184240&tve=true&_key=5&r=5a16bb745130e”
    Instead of
    “domain.com/?post_type=tve_lead_shortcode&entry_id=184240&tve=true&_key=5&r=5a16bb745130e”

Suman M.

Thanks! Keep us updated with Thrive lead support’s answer/comment.

NWS-NGO

Here it is:

“Hello, please send this to their it department
    The way Thrive Leads is generating the urls for editing shortcodes is the following:
    -we take the permalink from the post ( the shortcode in this case ) with get_permalink() and add our own query args -> tve=true, _key and r ( a unique id )
    -for the shortcode edit link we are not using plugins_url or plugin_dir_path
    -also, before the final format of the url, we are also applying the “preview_post_link”. So my suggestion would be to try and access this filter or some filter / hook from the get_permalink function to change the url based on the Hide My WP plugin specification
    If you have any other question, I will be happy to help you, so that we can make our plugins compatible.”

I do not understand a single thing of it – could you advice how should we proceed?

NWS-NGO

This is what they say:

Our developer asked us to send you the following message:
    “We are sorry for the back and forth, but if we want the plugins to work we have to work together side by side.
    Basically, when the URL for the shortcode is generated we are not hard-coding anything, we are just taking the permalink for that specific post. ( This is to be sent to the plugin developers ).
    If the user prefers to stop sending messages from us to them, this is my email [email protected]– and the hide my wp developers can contact me directly regarding this issue.
    After we will make contact and solve the problem, we will let the user know on the ticket that he opened.
    Again, we are sorry for all the discomfort that we caused but, these plugin conflicts are difficult problems that could take a little bit longer to get fixed.”

Hopefully, if you pass this info along, the two developers can work on this issue.

Can you please advice?

Suman M.

Hi, have you also tried with “Light privacy most compatibility” settings scheme of HMWP? If not, then please try applying this settings once.
    Let us know.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.