Home Forums WordPress Plugins Hide My WP Deactivated HMWP – I can't login to my dashboard

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Suman Maharjan 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Giuseppe
    Active

Hi Suman,
    I checked FAQ and documentation and nothing was there!

I deactivated the plugin to see if it’s HMWP that changes my theme, now I can’t login o my admin panel!

It shows the user name/password page, but when I enter user name/password it just refresh the page and doesn’t login!

Many Thanks

Suman Maharjan

Hi, did you rename wp-admin path name in HMWP settings? If so then you’ll need to comment out or remove following line from wp-config.php file:

define(“ADMIN_COOKIE_PATH”, “/NEW_WPADMIN_PATH_NAME”);

If still the issue then please try this:
    In “wp_options” table in your database, delete the rows with following “option_name”:
    – hide_my_wp
    – hide_my_wp_undo
    – hmwp_ids_installed
    – hmw_all_plugins
    – external_updates-hide_my_wp
    – hmwp_spam_counter
    – hmwp_temp_admin_path

Let us know!

Giuseppe
    Active

Thanks Suman,
    I commented out the line and I login to my dashboard without any problem.

now I activated the plugin, I need to Undo Previous Settings in Start tab, right?
    and should I change this line in wp-config.php to default? (no comment line)
    define(“ADMIN_COOKIE_PATH”, “/NEW_WPADMIN_PATH_NAME”);

many thanks

Giuseppe
    Active
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Suman Maharjan

For step 1,

– if it’s Apache server and if the htaccess file is writable then you need not do anything (the rule will be auto added to htaccess)

– if it’s Apache server and if the htaccess file is NOT writable then you’ll need to manually add the rule in htaccess (Manual Configuration button)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.