Home Forums WordPress Plugins Hide My WP Entire Website Broken

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Suman Maharjan 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    swagbox

My entire website is currently broken. Tried installing and uninstalling the plugin, tried replacing the htcaccess and now all my hard work is lost. Please help!

swagbox

Fixed, site back up but when I enable the plugin it breaks my site.

swagbox

Problem now is that the hide my wp settings are stored somewhere and blocking me from reconfiguring the plugin once I re-activate.

swagbox

Looks like this may solve it…

Delete HMWP from DB, in “options” table, delete the rows with following option_name>
    – hide_my_wp
    – hide_my_wp_undo
    – hmwp_ids_installed
    – hmw_all_plugins
    – external_updates-hide_my_wp
    – hmwp_spam_counter
    – hmwp_temp_admin_path

Note to developer: This is one of your most requested features… why not just make a script that people can run to fix this automatically?

swagbox
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Suman Maharjan

Hi, please let us know your website’s wp-admin login details (as private reply), so that we can look into the issue further.

swagbox
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Suman Maharjan

Hi, the re-write rules in the htaccess file doesn’t seem to be working! Can you please contact your hosting provider regarding why the re-write rules in htaccess file aren’t working?

swagbox

I have updated to chmod 777. This is working now but when i apply even lite Hidemywp settings the entire site breaks (none of the css seems to load).

Here is what I would like to do:
    + Restrict login on swagbox.io/wp-admin etc. and make the login page swagbox.io/login-admin
    + Change the theme name from Keysoft to Swagbox
    + Make it so the builtwith/ghostery don’t see that we are using wordpress.

Suman Maharjan

Hi, it seems like the web server you are using is Nginx. Can you please confirm this with hosting provider?

If it’s Nginx server and WP single site, then please follow these steps:

– in HMWP Start Tab, set “Medium Pripacy – More Compatibility” settings scheme and click on “Save Settings” button

– In Start tab you should see Nginx Configuration button. If you don’t see this button, add &die_message=nginx to HMWP settings page URL to see Nginx rewrite rules. For example:
    http://yourdomain.com/wp-admin/options-general.php?page=hide_my_wp&die_message=nginx

– Now add those lines (rewrite rules) to your Nginx configuration file. It’s usually located in /etc/nginx/nginx.conf or /etc/nginx/conf/nginx.conf or /etc/nginx/sites-available/domainname.com

– restart nginx server

Please let us know if it’s still the issue.

swagbox

Followed directions but do not have nginx installed.

I am on an amazon ec2 instance:
    https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B00NN8Y43U

Suman Maharjan
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.