Home Forums WordPress Plugins Hide My WP How to update your plugin

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    cribeiro

I believe you should be more explicit about this important matter. It seems that your plugin is writing to .httaccess file. Is this the case? If I have to update it to a new version which would be the steps?
    Normally, would be disable (mandatory), then delete, finally uploading a new version.
    I guess that if you do not disable the plugin before updating it will crash the site since one would not have access to it. Is this right?

Finally, if I run into problems I would like to know which program do you need to edit and save .httaccess files. I use TextWrangler but I had issues in the past once I save a new file it does not recognize it

Hassan

You can update it like other plugins whether you manually disable it or not. However if you disable it you will miss your current configurations.

HMWP updates htaccess file but these changes doesn’t make any problem for your site. (Even if HMWP was disabled)

You can use any standard text editor to edit htaccess but if you did it, please note you should choose ‘customized htaccess’ option in HMWP settings page. This tells HMWP that should not update htaccess automatically.

PS:
    Be careful about it, any syntax error in htaccess will break your entire site.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.