Home Forums WordPress Plugins Hide My WP It broke my website

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    lottemn123
    Active

Hello.

I tried to install the plugin but I went to set up and then all my websites got down because of a problem. My host is saying:

Hello Lotte,

While I was working on the issue, the .htaccess changed constantly. Since you confirmed that you are not doing that, the change can be coming from a plugin. I scanned for malware, and fortunately there is none.

I have now applies the changes from Ticket # 1949915 and locked the .htaccess for editing. This resolved the 500 – Internal Server Error. for your add-on domains. However, I am showing Maintenance mode for lottemanou.com and I am not sure how to remove it.

Can you please do so and update this ticket, and then we can try to further investigate what changes the .htaccess. However, please note that this task may eventually require the involvement of the website developer.

The reason why all sites were affected is because the .htaccess acts recursively. In other words, the .htaccess in public_html acts on all subdirectories, thus affecting all websites down the directory tree. So this is an expected result.

The issue is why the main .htaccess changes. If you can attribute it to a plugin, I would recommend that you look for an alternative plugin, and uninstall this one, or contact the plugin developers. Once you are sure that the plugin is not changing the .htaccess, please contact us to remove the editing restriction on your .htaccess.

Can you please help me???????? I want to get my website back to work again, with the plugin installed. My host and I cannot find the maintenance issue due to the plugin and I cannot do anything now.

Thanks in advance. Lotte

Suman M.

Hi, HMWP does add rewrite rules to htaccess. You have an option (customized htaccess) in HMWP settings for either automatic or manual update of htaccess. Please let us know your website’s wp-admin login details and FTP details (as private reply), so that we can set up HMWP for you.

lottemn123
    Active
    This reply has been marked as private.
    lottemn123
    Active
    Suman M.

Hi, wp-admin credential is working but FTP credentials not working – getting ‘Login authentication failed’ error. Please check.

lottemn123
    Active
    Suman M.

FTP details now work but I can’t update .htaccess file’s content (Can’t open that file: Permission denied). Can you please check and give write permission for .htaccess file?

lottemn123
    Active
    Suman M.

The permission on .htaccess file seems okay but I cannot rename/delete/update this .htaccess file via FTP? It might be some settings in the server side so that no one can overwrite .htaccess. Please check.

lottemn123
    Active
    Suman M.
    lottemn123
    Active

Hi!

It is editable again, but would you please be very careful, i do not want all my sites to be down again. Thanks so much.

Saithocaoglu

test

lottemn123
    Active

test? haha

Suman M.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.