Home Forums WordPress Plugins Hide My WP iThemes Security

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    mlima
    Active

Can I use iThemes Security Plugin with Hide My WP?

Suman M.

Hi, yes you can use both the plugins together. But make sure that you do not enable same features in both the plugins.

mlima
    Active

Thank you for advising. Does this plugin minify the css and js?

In addition, I’m receiving emails reading:

Hi-
    This is Hide My WP plugin. We guess someone is researching about your WordPress site.

Here is some more details:
    Visitor:….(IP address)

What does it mean?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by mlima.
    Suman M.

It only minifies the theme css. For complete minification of css/js you’ll need to use other plugin.

And regarding the above email, it’s because with HMWP you have protected direct access to WP default login URL /wp-admin and /wp-login.php and someone is trying to directly access these default login URL.

mlima
    Active

1) Would it be possible to disable the receipt of those emails? I received 70 emails in 12 hours.

2) Would it be possible to remove WordPress plugin references, such as:

*** This site runs WP Super Minify plugin v1.5.1 – http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-super-minify ***

3) Would it be possible to replace ‘wp’ references from the URL paths or classes/ids?

Suman M.

1) Please disable “Spy Notify” option in HMWP General settings tab

2) Can you please let us know the exact text/url that you want to hide?

3) It’s not recommended to replace css class names/ids as it might break the site. But in case you want to replace it, then replace one at a time and check the website after each such replacement. More info regarding the replacements here – https://codecanyon.net/item/hide-my-wp-amazing-security-plugin-for-wordpress/4177158/faqs/20827

mlima
    Active

re. 2), I attached the source html code from the home page. The site is not yet live. I see 11 occurrences of WordPress and the text below. Some of the WordPress occurrences should be related with the fact that I’m logged in to the admin.

<!–
    *** This site runs WP Super Minify plugin v1.5.1 – http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-super-minify ***
    *** Total size saved: 6.799% | Size before compression: 147497 bytes | Size after compression: 137469 bytes. ***
    –>

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    mlima
    Active

Hello –

I had to disable the plugin because I get the following error when updating the content using Visual Composer:

“Fatal error: Unknown: Cannot use output buffering in output buffering display handlers in Unknown on line 0”

I don’t see errors on the console. Have you seen this conflict before? How can I fix it?

Suman M.

Please let us know your site’s wp-admin login details as private reply so that we can look into the issue further. Thanks!

mlima
    Active
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Suman M.
    mlima
    Active
    mlima
    Active
    Suman M.

After re-activating the plugin, please click on “undo previous settings” button in HMWP start tab.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.