Home Forums WordPress Plugins Hide My WP New login URL hasn't replaced the original /wp-login.php extension

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Suman Maharjan 6 days, 23 hours ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Hyperknight
    Pro

I’ve set up both a new login key and login URL, both of which appear to be working fine. Unfortunately the standard login (/wp-login.php) still works normally and leads to the login screen.

Additionally I’ve just reset the settings for HMWP and the new login key and login URL that I’ve added are different from the old replacement – and yet the old replacement still works too! Strange.

So I’ve got two logins I need to remove:

wp-login.php

&

My previous HMWP replacement login URL

Thank you for the help!

Suman Maharjan

Hi, can you please let us know your site’s wp-admin login details as private reply so that we can look into the issue. Thanks!

Hyperknight
    Pro
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Suman Maharjan

Hi, it seems like you forgot to mention the Login URL.

Hyperknight
    Pro
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Suman Maharjan

Hi, yes, both will work.

Hyperknight
    Pro

Then that solves my problem. I thought that changing the ‘wp-login.php’ will actually invalidate it from working in the string. I didn’t realise it remains interchangeable. If that’s the case, what is the purpose of actually changing the ‘wp-login.php’ section within HMWP?

Thank you for your help!

Suman Maharjan

Hi, /wp-login.php will be accessible only along with HMWP secret key. It’s upto you which login URL you would like to use.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.