Home Forums WordPress Plugins Hide My WP Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    lostislandguy

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity “/home/mywebsite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/hide_my_wp/lib/mute-screamer/libraries/IDS/default_filter.xml” in /home/mywebsite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/hide_my_wp/lib/mute-screamer/libraries/IDS/Filter/Storage.php on line 208

Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Exception’ with message ‘XML data could not be loaded. Make sure you specified the correct path.’ in /home/mywebsite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/hide_my_wp/lib/mute-screamer/libraries/IDS/Filter/Storage.php:220 Stack trace: #0 /home/mywebsite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/hide_my_wp/lib/mute-screamer/libraries/IDS/Filter/Storage.php(111): IDS_Filter_Storage->getFilterFromXML() #1 /home/mywebsite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/hide_my_wp/lib/mute-screamer/libraries/IDS/Monitor.php(189): IDS_Filter_Storage->__construct(Object(IDS_Init)) #2 /home/mywebsite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/hide_my_wp/lib/mute-screamer/mute-screamer.php(402): IDS_Monitor->__construct(Array, Object(IDS_Init)) #3 /home/mywebsite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/hide_my_wp/lib/mute-screamer/mute-screamer.php(225): HMWP_MS_IDS->run() #4 /home/mywebsite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/hide_my_wp/lib/mute-screamer/mute-screamer.php(1098): HMWP_MS_IDS->__construct() #5 /home/mywebsite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/hide_my_wp in /home/mywebsite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/hide_my_wp/lib/mute-screamer/libraries/IDS/Filter/Storage.php on line 220

Suman M.

Hi, what’s the PHP version you are using? Please make sure that it’s PHP 5.4+
    Let us know.

lostislandguy
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Suman M.

Was it PHP 5.6.30 previously too or you recently updated?

Can you please let us know your site’s wp-admin login details and FTP details as private reply so that we can set up HMWP plugin for you. Thanks!

lostislandguy
    lostislandguy
    Suman M.

With given FTP credentials, I can only access files within hide_my_wp folder?
    Please delete the entire “hide_my_wp” directory and it’s content and then try uploading the fresh copy of the plugin.

lostislandguy
    Suman M.
    lostislandguy
    Suman M.
    lostislandguy
    lostislandguy
    lostislandguy
    Suman M.

Still the same error while activating HMWP plugin. This error usually occurs if PHP version is older one (below 5.4), but also the xml library that it uses could be the issue. Can you please contact your hosting provider regarding it.
    Also I have assigned this ticket to Dev. Team so that they can look further into it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.