Home Forums WordPress Plugins Hide My WP plugin wont hide wordpress from Wappalyzer

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    maneb
    Active

hello.
    i just bought and installed your plugin … and set it to highest security .
    and i can easily see WordPress and woocommerce and even their versions with Wappalyzer.
    I’ve attached my debug report below

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Suman M.

Hi, wappalyzer caches the results and serves it from the cache. What we are not sure about is how long wappalyzer caches the results. Did you also check with other detectors like whatwpthemeisthat.com, wpthemedetector.com, isitwp.com, etc. ?

maneb
    Active

wappalyzer didnt show versions anymore the moment i checked the “Remove Version ” checkmark so its not catching my site i’m sure of that.
    and also http://www.isitwp.com/ detected that im using wp
    also i disabled my catching plugin for now to make sure you plugin is working and it helped but not completely.

Suman M.

I checked your site’s page source and see there comments added by some plugins (http://screencast.com/t/wcGkbjdgGg)

You’ll need to add replacements like below in “replace in html” option under replace tools tab:
    Powered by Visual Composer – drag and drop page builder for WordPress. ==> PVC

After making such replacements, please check with isitwp.com again.

But we still believe that wappalyzer caches the result. Would it be possible for you to disable woocommerce and then check with wappalyzer if woocommerce is detected or not?
    Lets us know.

maneb
    Active

isitwp.com cannot detect wordpress anymore with html replacement
    ive attached disabled and enabled woocomerce screen shots .

Attachments:
    maneb
    Active

also i would like to hide woocommerce too if possible

Suman M.

I see in the screenshot that woocommerce is being detected by wappalyzer even after disabling the woocommerce plugin in the site? So this means wappalyzer displays results from the cache.

From where do you want to hide woocommerce?

maneb
    Active

yes .it is served from cache indeed but i dont think its cache lasts more than half a day as it wont show versions anymore .wappalyzer is the only reason i bought your plugin and i need to hide my wp from wappalyzer .woocommerce is in my source code every where and when i tried replacing html it completely broke the plugin. i need to hide it so hackers wont detect it anymore and the only detector of woocommerce i found is wappalyzer so i need to hide it from wappalyzer.

Suman M.

We have tried it with wappalyzer before but it’s behaviour is not understood properly. Even if plugins are deactivated it still detects plugin and wordpress and as I mentioned earlier the cache duration is not know, seems like for a very long time. So it’s really difficult to do testings and fix things in this scenario.

Regarding the word ‘woocommerce’ being visible in page source, most of the occurrences of woocommerce in the URLs will be renamed by setting ‘rename plugins’ option to all plugins. But it’s not recommended to replace css class names as it might break the site.

maneb
    Active

so i disabled woocommerce over the night and in the morning there was no trace of wordpress or woocommerce in wappalyzer . so i guess the cache time is less than 10 hours based on this test! the moment i enabled woocommerce both wp and woocommerce showed up again! so it is indeed a problem with woocommerce .

Attachments:
    maneb
    Active

this is the source code when i disabled woocommerce .

Attachments:
    Suman M.

Hi, I have assigned this ticket to Sr support so that he can look further into it.

maneb
    Active

so its been 6 days and still no solution

Hassan

Hi-

Firstly, you don’t need to wait to cache be cleared. Just remove and install the extension.

I checked all possible configurations and here what can hide woocommerce, but there is a problem: Hiding ‘var woocommerce_params’ stop woocommerce from working. This is a technical limitation but we are working on a new feature for upcoming version which may solve this problem.

PS:
    There’s one dirty way to hide it from source code which is not recommended if you’re newbie:
    Create a js file somewhere in your host and paste related code from source code . Something like this:
    var woocommerce_params = {"ajax_url":"\/ajax","wc_ajax_url":"\/?wc-ajax=%%endpoint%%"};
    Then, manually change your header.php and add path of that file. Something like this (remove stars):
    <***script type='text/javascript' src='//path_to_my_js_file.js'></***script>

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Hassan.
    Attachments:
    maneb
    Active

so i did set my plugin as your atached file and it works on every page except the shop page !
    and also changing “var woocommerce_params” didnt broke my website

here is the url ” https://maneb.co/shop/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.