Home Forums WordPress Plugins Hide My WP Problem with Google

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dmp
    Active

Hello,
    I have foundt a problem with Google – there are 2 problem exactly. HMWP do not allow Google bots to visit few pages.
    My Google Ads (AdWords) was stopped because landing page gets 404 and I didn’t know why. I checked cached pages of that webiste in Google index and I get the same – few page it’s not indexed, because cache gives 404.
    I realized that this is a problem of HMWP – he is blocking Google bots.
    I checked “Intrusions” section in WP admin and I have foundt for example Reguest._gac_UA_XXXXXXX-X
    What should I do to resolve my problem?

Thank you in advance.
    Best regards.

Suman M.

Hi, please set “Block Threshold” value to 30 or 40 in IDS Firewall tab and check if it’s still the issue or not. Let us know.

dmp
    Active

Hi again,
    Thank you for the answer.

What’s mean value 30 or 40? 40 is more or less sensitive in that case?
    Now I have value 20.

I have also added US as blocked country. I thought that bots are from US, but in “Intrusions” tab in WP admin I have foundt entry looks like Google bots. But they are not from US – they are from my country. Is it possible that Google bot “working” from my country?

Thank you.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by dmp.
    Suman M.

You actually want to unblock those google requests right? So why have you blocked the country?
    Block threshold value 30 is less sensitive than 20.
    One more thing you can do is go to Dashboard >> Intrusions, hover over the request(s) that you want to unblock and click on Exclude link to add it to exception list.

dmp
    Active

I blocked the country, because in the past I detected many attack from few countries. One of them was US, so I blocked all these countries.

Ok. I will try to do that.
    Thank you.

Suman M.

Alright! Let us know the result.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.