Home Forums WordPress Plugins Hide My WP Question about Intrusions and HMWP IDS Log

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    d_ch
    Pro

Hi,

I would like to ask you about the Intrusions and the “HMWP IDS Log” that I see at my WP Admin of my client’s website http://www.samiaki.tv. It’s almost 10 days online and I see 590 Intrusions at the Log. Whats is the purpose of them? Could you please give me some extra information about them?

In addition, I received the following email today from [email protected] :

The following potential attack has been detected by HMWP IDS

. If it’s you please Exclude that parameter or increase Notify Threshold from IDS settings.
    In most cases you don’t need to do anything. Hide My WP protects you!

IP: 185.72.144.129
    User ID:
    Date: 2016-08-26T12:12:03+00:00
    Total Impact: 32
    Affected tags: sqli id lfi

Affected parameters: REQUEST.p=5949+AnD+SLeeP%283%29, GET.p=5949+AnD+SLeeP%283%29,

Request URI: /?p=5949%20AnD%20SLeeP%283%29
    Origin: 37.60.241.225

Do I have to worry about for something?

Suman M.

Hi, HMWP IDS detects malicious requests coming to your site and notify you about it. But all these requests might not be harmful and you need not worry as HMWP IDS will take care of this and will block the malicious requests if Impact level is more than 20 (default value specified in HMWP IDS). You can stop receiving emails regarding this by setting “Notification Threshold” option to 0 in IDS Firewall tab.

Note: If in case, valid request is also listed as intrusion then hover over that request name and click on Exclude link to add it to exception list.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.