Home Forums WordPress Plugins Hide My WP setup for wordpress in subdirectory

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    oliveo

Hi,

I installed wordpress in it’s own directory using the second method in this guideline https://codex.wordpress.org/Giving_WordPress_Its_Own_Directory, so it directs to my root domain.

This means my site has 2 htaccess files, one in root and one in the subdirectory where wordpress is installed. After setting up hide-my-wp, it automatically updated the htaccess in my root directory. I also added the “define(“ADMIN_COOKIE_PATH”, “/gracious/myadmin”);” line in wp-config.

I’m having an issue where wp-admin is showing 404 not found even after clicking the “I Did IT!” button. I also tried accessing wp admin via the new admin url I chose in the hide-my-wp settings, it still gives 404 error.

Can you please let me know the proper setup for wordpress in a subdirectory as I want to purchase more licenses for other websites with similar setup? Thanks.

I also need to know how to manually remove the too many failed login attempts lockout via phpmyadmin. Thanks again.

Suman M.

Hi, can you please generate debug report from HMWP start tab and post it here as private reply.
    What if you do not rename wp-admin path? Does everything work fine (renaming of default WP paths, etc.?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.