Home Forums WordPress Plugins Hide My WP Strange emails: "The following potential attack has been detected by HMWP IDS."

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Ho
    Active

Hi,
    I have noticed that the emails I’m receiving from HMWP “The following potential attack has been detected by HMWP IDS.”
    are not coming from my websites email, but from strange addresses like

[email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

Should I be worry they managed to hack me???
    Thank you

Suman M.

Hi, HMWP IDS detects malicious requests coming to your site and notify you about it. But all these requests might not be harmful and you need not worry as HMWP IDS will take care of this and will block the malicious requests if Impact level is more than 20 (default value specified in HMWP IDS). You can stop receiving emails regarding this by setting “Notification Threshold” option to 0 in IDS Firewall tab.

Also, go to HMWP general settings tab and set “Email sender name” and “Email sender address” fields to yours.

Ho
    Active

Thank you very much Suman,

I’m just wondering why and how can I receive emails from my website and they look like they are coming from are those strange email addresses showed (only some of the examples).

Isn’t that strange? It surely shouldn’t be like that, don’t you think?

Thanks

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Ho.
    Suman M.

Yes, but after changing “Email sender name” and “Email sender address” fields to yours, is this resolved?

Ho
    Active

Hi,
    It’s still happening.
    I tried to delete and reinstall the HMWP and it’s still happening….
    + even after I deleted it and install again it remembered my old set up… I want to do new one.

Please, how to remove all HMWP stuff so I can completely reinstall it? Should I need to remove something from database?

Thanks

Ho
    Active

I actually asked that question before… I’ll remove everything and let you know.
    Thanks

Suman M.

Alright! Do let us know.

Ho
    Active

Hi Suman,
    I have ‘found’ the problem…
    Bizarrely, all those strange domain names are pointing to our website… So, some hackers are pointing stupid amount of domain names to us.
    I don’t understand the logic of it and if I can block it in some way?
    Thank you

Suman M.

The hackers/bots use random requests/urls to get access to the sites. But as I mentioned above, HMWP IDS will block such malicious requests.

Ho
    Active

Thank you Suman 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.