Home Forums WordPress Plugins Hide My WP Unable to get plugin working, breaks site with even the most minimal settings

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    amandam001

Using nginx server, followed all instructions but still having problems getting this setup.

Also, I notice every time I disable plugin and re-activate, all settings are lost. This is a huge pain, is there a way to keep settings in place?

Your help would be greatly appreciated

Awais854

I,m Using That Option To Save Settings..

Start Tab —> Export Current Settings

Suman M.

Hi, one option would be to save your HMWP settings by exporting it and saving it in a text file as suggested by @Awais854 above. And you can import it anytime later. Another option is to click on “Undo previous settings” button in HMWP start tab.

And can you please let us know what exactly is the issue you are having with HMWP plugin. Please try applying “medium privacy more compatibility” settings scheme. Make sure that you add HMWP rules within “server” block in Nginx config file and restart Nginx.

Video Tutorial – http://support.wpwave.com/videos/setup-hmwp-on-nginx-webserver

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by Suman M..
    amandam001
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Suman M.

Hi, the attachment above (example.txt) doesn’t seem to be Nginx config file. It should look something like this – https://www.nginx.com/resources/wiki/start/topics/examples/full/

Please contact your hosting provider regarding the correct location of the Nginx Config file (usually located in /etc/nginx/sites-available/YOURSITE or /etc/nginx/sites-available/default or /etc/nginx/nginx.conf)

amandam001
    Suman M.
    amandam001

It seems to be working now, thank you

amandam001

Sorry for re-open this issue.
    Plugin works fine apart from my gravity form not getting submitted. Issue with this option “Monitor potential dangerous requests” under IDS firewall.
    When I disable this option gravity form working fine. After enabling this option doesn’t works. I have tried to exclude fields using
    these options

POST.%input%
    POST.input.%
    REQUEST.input.%
    GET.input.%

Please help me on above issue.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Suman M.

Hi, please do these:

– disable “Anti Spam” option in HMWP General settings tab
    – enter your name and email address in “Email sender name” and “Email sender address” fields in General settings tab
    – set “block threshold” value to 30 in IDS Firewall tab.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.