Home Forums WordPress Plugins Hide My WP Update (Keeping Current Settings)

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Giuseppe 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Giuseppe
    Active

Hi,

I want to update (from 5.1 to 5.5.2)
    I need to keep the current settings.

in documentation you mentioned:
    If you would like to store current settings do not deactivate it and just replace files.

you mean I need to replace files how? which files?

thanks

Suman Maharjan

Hi, you can simply replace “hide_my_wp” folder and files in /wp-content/plugins/ directory with the latest version of “hide_my_wp” using FTP.
    But before updating, we recommend you to take backup of the current settings by clicking on “export current settings” button in HMWP start tab and save the settings in a text file, so that if in case anything goes wrong you can always import these settings again.

Giuseppe
    Active

Thanks Suman,
    I did exactly as you said,
    it seems I don’t have any problem and everything works fine (I checked the setting and all of them were like before updating) (I didn’t deactivate the plugin and replace new files using my host control panel)

but, this text shows up right after I update HMWP :
    It seems there is no writable htaccess file in your WP directory. If you use Apache (and not Nginx or IIS) please change permission of .htaccess file.

should I be worry or do something?

Thanks

Suman Maharjan

If everything is working fine then you can simply ignore this message. Thanks!

Giuseppe
    Active

thanks Suman,

last question:
    if I deactivate the plugin, and then activate it, will I lose the settings and I should apply the settings again or not?
    (after updating to new version my website goes from full-width theme to box theme!! I want to know if it’s because of HMWP newest version or not)

Many thanks

Suman Maharjan

After you re-activate HMWP plugin, you can get your previous settings back by clicking on “undo previous settings” button in the Start tab.

Giuseppe
    Active

many thanks Suman
    have a great one

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.