Home Forums WordPress Plugins Hide My WP Wappalyzer Update

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    ak1l

Good day, I understand that you’re currently working on updates for Wappalyzer and Builtwith.
    I’m currently using the medium compatibility preset and was wondering if you can guide me with any tips to hiding WP from these?

It seems to solve for BuiltWith on the Maximum setting but it unfortunately breaks the theme.

Suman M.

Hi, please generate debug report from HMWP start tab and post it here as private reply.

ak1l
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Suman M.
    ak1l

I’ve employed this, however, it’s still being recognised by BuiltWith. It seems to have gotten rid of the tinyMCE error though.

I’ve uncovered another issue – the scroll button on my mouse doesn’t work on the website anymore unless I hover the scroll bar. Any suggestions?

Suman M.

Please let us know your website’s wp-admin login details (as private reply), so that we can look into the issue further.

ak1l
    Suman M.

I’ve uncovered another issue – the scroll button on my mouse doesn’t work on the website anymore unless I hover the scroll bar. Any suggestions?
    >> I checked your site and mouse scroll does work

I added some replacements in Replace tools tab, but wordpress is still being detected by builtwith.com. It seems like the presence of plugins like Yoast SEO and Google Tag Manager is making it detect the site as WP site. We’ll be looking further into this in the upcoming versions of the plugin.

ak1l

Hi Suman, I’ve just double-checked again. It only works when you hover the scroll bar.

I can try getting rid of Yoast to fix my other problem.

Suman M.

If it’s okay disabling plugins Yoast SEO and Google Tag Manager, then you can try deactivating these.

And mouse scroll is working fine in my PC (windows), Chrome browser.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.