Home Forums WordPress Plugins Hide My WP Whatever I do, Waapalyzer and Whatruns can see WordPress

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    carmad
    Active

Hi Support
    I really need this solution and this plugins brilliant features and the bright idea behind it… Until now I have, bought two licenses, for my upcoming work – but unfortanly I did not have any luck with it?
    For the moment, I am running developing directly on my coming Live Site just because, I want to make sure, that Hide My WP is going to work perfectly, before my next actions.

URL Settings in WordPress > General Settings is:
    WordPress Address – https://www.domain.com/year (year = subdirectory)
    Site Address – https://www.domain.com

What I have done so fare, to try to get HMWP working is:
    1. I have studied the documentation (although it is quite old – Updated: 07/30/2015 By: Hassan Jahangiri).
    1.1. I have searched your forum for relevant topics, compared to my situation…

2. In Start tab > Import Option > Select Scheme – I have tried to “Save Settings” from “Medium Privacy – more Compatibility (Recommended)” to “High Privacy – Less Compatibility”
    2.1. Checked my cPanel File Manager, that .htaccess is writeable and written correctly to by HMWP.

3. Totally been logged out of the WP admin backend site, checked the frontend, from different Browsers (Chrome and IE) where I have not even been logged in as WP admin.
    3.1. Tested the frontend from different clients/computers/browsers…

To no availe – what so ever? Whatever I do, both Waapalyzer and Whatruns can see WordPress installed and the latter can see the installed plugins.

This is so strange to me, that I am sure, you great supporters have a very simple solution to this strange situation.

Please tell me, what is wrong in this setup and if some of my other plugins might be the course. I have not seen any signs of database/PHP errors, nor any other signs of incompatibility with Hide My WP.

I look very much forward to your help – thank you in advanced.

Carmad

carmad
    Active

Please – anyhow, this is not something, about admin logged in or out – anyway, still not working…

Suman M.

Hi, I have enabled “Auto Configuration” option in HMWP Replace Tools tab and also added some replacements. Wappalyzer seems to cache the result for some time. Can you please check after some hours and let us know? Thanks!

carmad
    Active

Thanks, I see what you have done and what you mean. Before that, I have also tried some of the replacement myself, e.g. the woocommerce > wc etc. to no avail…

In addition, I’ve now added a couple more replacements. I’ve also deactivated the “Meta” Widget – and for a short while the Wappalyzer stopped showing WordPress, but it came back again?

Nothing seems to work? Even on different clients/browsers, Wappalyzer and Whatruns is still seeing WordPress. Arh!
    It must be something else…

May be:
    if changed the theme?
    Or I deactivated all plugins but HMWP?

What do you think? – Please help ASAP.

Cheers
    Carmad

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by carmad.
    Suman M.

Right now no plugins and theme is being detected by Wappalyzer but WordPress is still being detected. I’ve assigned this ticket to Dev. team so that they can look further into it for you.

Vikas Singhal
    This reply has been marked as private.
    carmad
    Active
    carmad
    Active
    carmad
    Active
    carmad
    Active

Hi Support
    Please forget, this topic for now.

As I wrote, I would hate to give up on this plugin. Therefore, while I’ve not heard from you the latest 39 hours, I have used some time to get a better knowledge of HMWP.

Status right now, is that HMWP is doing a good job of hiding WP against Wappalyzer 🙂 In addition, eventually I am convinced that HMWP will do the same good job, for hiding WP against WhatRuns…

Because I found out how WhatRuns really works. It turned out that WhatRuns is currently crawling websites every 30 days, which of course could be (must be) the reason why WhatRuns for current shows “false positives”:)

Look at the attached screenshot and the discussions here: https://www.producthunt.com/posts/whatruns

I therefore see this issue as resolved 🙂

Take care – and Thank you, for this very important and cool plugin.

Cheers

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Vikas Singhal

Thanks for your troubleshooting and going that extra mile. We will be keep to listen to Whatruns finds after 30 days.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.