Home Forums WordPress Plugins Hide My WP WP-Content Path Doesn't Work With BuddyPress

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    julian12

Hi there,

When there is a new wp-content path (such as “/inc”), it gives an error every time someone tries to register or log in to my BuddyPress website. I will attach an image to show the error.

I was hoping to hide “wp-content” when I bought this plugin, so is this a bug that can be fixed in an update, or do I have to leave that field empty and show “/wp-content”?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Julian

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Suman M.

Hi, please empty out “New wp-content path” field under Permalinks & URLs tab and see if issue is resolved. Actually renaming plugins, themes and uploads path should rename all occurrences of wp-content. Do check your site’s page source and let us know.

julian12
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Suman M.

Hi, please try adding the following replacements in “replace in html” option under Replace tools tab:

/wp-content/uploads ==> /file
    /wp-content/plugins ==> /modules

julian12

Hi there,

When I add “/wp-content/uploads ==> /file” the site works. However, when I add “/wp-content/plugins ==> /modules”, BuddyPress login and register stop working again.

Is there anything else I should try?

Thank you for all of your help so far.

Sincerely,
    Julian

Suman M.

Hi, please let us know your website’s wp-admin login details (as private reply), so that we can look into the issue further. Also let us know where (page url) we can check BuddyPress login and register.

julian12
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Suman M.

The issue is related to “WP-SpamShield” plugin as it looks for original WP path. I have added the replacements accordingly in “replace in html” to take care of this, and the registration seems to be working fine. Please check and let us know.

julian12

Hi there,

That solved the problem.

Thank you so much for all of your help 🙂

julian12

Hi there,

I apologize for this, but I had to reset my settings to WordPress defaults and forgot to export the HMWP settings. Therefore, this problem is back.

When a user tires to register for BuddyPress, they get the same error.

Sorry again for my mistake, how may I fix this?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.