Home Forums WordPress Plugins Hide My WP WPEngine HideMyWP Installation

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    artinkb

I’ve been directed to this forum to get help on HMWP setup. I’ve red the FAQ and it’s more than couple steps to install this plugin. I did plan to remove it however I was told support would be able to help with this regard.

I’d like to provide admin access with this support request but I can’t find the private area to copy and paste.

Best,
    Art

artinkb
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Suman M.

Hi, can you please upload latest version of HMWP plugin in plugins folder. Also, WPEngine panel’s credentials will also be required as we’ll have to add Nginx rules there. If you do not want to share WPE panel credentials then I’ll ask you to add a set of rules there manually.

artinkb

I’ve upload the plugin and it’s ready to be configured.

For WPEngine User Portal, please provide as many as link needed to be redirected on this clone version of the site. Please let me know except the domain if there are other differences that I may need to know when copying your work to the live site.

Best,
    Art

Suman M.

Hi, can you please goto Redirection menu in your WPEngine Panel and add the rules mentioned in the attached file below (rules.txt).

There are total 8 rules, each with source (1st line) and destination (2nd line). And use ‘break’ type instead of ‘last’.

For more details – http://codecanyon.net/item/hide-my-wp-no-one-can-know-you-use-wordpress/4177158/faqs/17669

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    artinkb

I did what you’ve instructed and the website works fine now. However I’d like to make sure it works the way it should just as having no HMWP:

1) I’ve remove the word REWRITE and LAST from configuration page for NGINX. Is that alright? I can’t fully understand when FAQ page says, use “Type” instead of “Last” or in the previous post tells, use ‘break’ type instead of ‘last’.

Image is attached for you to see if it’s perfectly set.

and 2) I no longer can activate my CDN, is this compatible with WPEngine CDN? Let me know if there is an option for that.

and 3) What did you do? was it only “Activate” and add configuration to the WPEngine “Redirection Rules”? Please keep me posted if there are other step, so I would be able to manage this on the Live site.

and 4) If I updates WordPress Version, Theme Version and Plugins, will it affect the structure? or SEO structure?

Best,
    Art

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Suman M.

1) Yes you have to remove words rewrite and last. Also remove the semicolon (;) at the end.
    Use ‘break’ type instead of ‘last’ – it’s an option in WPE Panel. If it’s working just ignore this. Looks good in attached screenshot.

2) For making it work with CDN, please check this FAQ – http://codecanyon.net/item/hide-my-wp-no-one-can-know-you-use-wordpress/4177158/faqs/17469

So in you case, you have to add following lines in Replace in HTML:
    yourdomain.com/skin/=cdn.domain.com/skin/
    yourdomain.com/file/=cdn.domain.com/file/
    yourdomain.com/other/=cdn.domain.com/other/
    yourdomain.com/ext/=cdn.domain.com/ext/

3) The steps I performed:
    – activated HMWP
    – applied ‘medium privacy more compatibility’ scheme in Start tab and saved settings
    – added nginx config to WPEngine “Redirection Rules”

4) No, it will not affect.

artinkb

Thanks for great answers!

2) Just to make sure I=E2=80=99ve understood you correctly: Do I need to =
    change all the links in the website to the Pattern mentioned in FAQ? if =
    this is true, it might be a lot of works, specially with some links just =
    as JS or CSS.

Let me know if this is the way you expected to perform.

Best,
    Art

Suman M.

Hi, by saying “links in the website to the Pattern mentioned in FAQ”, which FAQ and which pattern you are referring to. For HMWP to work with WPEngine, you just have to follow the steps we’ve mentioned earlier.

artinkb

Well I’m bring this into attention because CDN doesn’t work. And in WP Engine Dashboard doesn’t give you activate feature.

In the earlier post said check the FAQ link which I couldn’t understand instruction to setup the CDN and make it work. – http://codecanyon.net/item/hide-my-wp-no-one-can-know-you-use-wordpress/4177158/faqs/17469

This is the part that says change URL to the pulling method, but I can’t understand this part on.

I would appreciate any help on this.

Best,
    Art

HMWP works well with ‘pulling’ method. You only need to change site URLs to their CDN versions:
    domain.com/SKIN/=cdn.domain.com/SKIN/
    domain.com/STORAGE/=cdn.domain.com/STORAGE/
    domain.com/LIB/=cdn.domain.com/LIB/
    domain.com/MODULES/=cdn.domain.com/MODULES/

Suman M.

Did you add the following lines in “Replace in HTML” option box in HMWP General Settings tab?
    yourdomain.com/skin/=cdn.domain.com/skin/
    yourdomain.com/file/=cdn.domain.com/file/
    yourdomain.com/other/=cdn.domain.com/other/
    yourdomain.com/ext/=cdn.domain.com/ext/

yourdomain.com = your website url
    cdn.domain.com = your cdn url

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by Suman M..
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.