Home Forums WordPress Plugins Hide My WP 404 Errors and BBpress Conflict

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    boogieboa
    Pro

Hi there,

I’m on an Nginx server and getting hundreds of 404 errors. You can see them here: /wp-admin/admin.php?page=rank-math-404-monitor.

I’ve redirected “/feed” to “/RSS” but what is the “nothing_404_404” issue with 392 hits?

I’d also be grateful if you could take a general look to see if anything else needs fixing. My BBpress forum is behaving oddly since installing your Hide My WP plugin.

Many thanks!

Suman M.

Hi, if it’s Nginx server then you’ll need to manually add HMWP rules in your site’s nginx config file, and restart Nginx. Please check this video tutorial – https://support.wpwave.com/videos/setup-hmwp-on-nginx-webserver

boogieboa
    Pro
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Suman M.

If you deactivate HMWP plugin then 404 errors are gone, right? Please post here your site’s Nginx config content (after HMWP rules are added to it). Thanks!

boogieboa
    Pro
    Suman M.

Hi, I’ll need entire Nginx content, not just HMWP rules, so that I can check if rules are correctly being added there or not.

Can I deactivate the plugin without losing all the settings when reactivated?
    >> You can click on “undo previous settings” button to get back your last settings. Also, it’s recommended to backup your settings using “export current settings” button in Start Tab and saving it in a text file.

boogieboa
    Pro
    Suman M.

Because you’ll need to add HMWP rules manually in Nginx config file (it can’t be auto updated). And you usually get 404 errors in frontpage if HMWP rules are not being followed. So, it seems like HMWP rules are not added to nginx config file?

boogieboa
    Pro
    Suman M.
    boogieboa
    Pro
    Suman M.

1) please set trusted user roles for the users in HMWP General Settings tab

2) the above should do the job

3) it is not necessary to change the login location, but if the login link is visible in site’s page source then it’s better to change it.

It’s being difficult for you as you don’t have direct access to Nginx config file?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.