Home Forums WordPress Plugins Hide My WP Forbidden: You don't have permission to access /blog/wp-login.php on this server

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I’ve installed the plug-in and its been working beautifully for the last couple weeks.

But now, suddenly, whenever another user attempts to access the login page through the new URL created, they’re redirected to a 403 error page. (You don’t have permission to access /blog/wp-login.php on this server.)

I’m currently logged into the site myself, and don’t want to risk logging out.

I tried deactivating it, but still ended up with a 403 page.

I tried deleting it, but still ended up with a 403 page.

I just re-installed it but run into the same issue. Even the same computer that is currently logged in to the website on a different browser can’t get to the log in page.

What would you suggest I do?

Thank you.

Hassan

First sorry for long delay,

HMWP never generates a 403 error! Instead, it always redirect untrusted users to a 404 page.

Also when you deactivate or delete the plugin it returns EVERYTHING back and can not do any other thing.

Therefore I’m almost sure this is not a HMWP problem. Check out your htaccess file and disable other plugins. It should be fixed. If not contact your host support and request them to check out your IP.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.