Home Forums WordPress Plugins Hide My WP HMWP License for Staging environment

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dcipher

Hi Suman,

I have a question regarding licensing. Is it possible to deploy HMWP on a pre-production staging environment without having to purchase an additional licensing key?

I have a valid key for my prod deployment however I would like to mirror this deployment in a staging environment, just not sure if it’s going cause any issues using the same key.

Many thanks in advance.

Suman M.

Hi, you can use/test HMWP plugin on a pre-production staging environment. But do not use the same key simultaneously in staging and live environments. First, test it in staging site and then you can move to live site. We hope that’s fair enough?

dcipher

Hi Suman,

Thanks for the reply. Not quite the response I was expecting. Staging/pre-prod environments are typically a mirror of your prod environment and the idea is to replicate and test as much of the configuration as possible. Considering that HMWP plays an integral part in our deployment, it’s important that we thoroughly test new code cuts with an active HMWP configuration.

Having to buy an additional license for out pre-prod env is a little frustrating but if that’s the way Envato licensing works then so be it.

It would be great to have some kind of a dev mode option/version for this purpose.

Many thanks.

Suman M.

Hi, we understand your concern. You can use it in staging site and live site simultaneously, but please enter your purchase code only in the live site. Using the same purchase code in more than one site could cause a conflict. Thanks for your understanding.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.