Home Forums WordPress Plugins Hide My WP Prevent plugin to use RewriteBase / in .htaccess

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    zir787

Hi,

Need Help From Preventing RewriteBase / used in .htaccess as I have additional commands in .htaccess which are not working once the RewriteBase / is removed from the code in .htaccess it starts functioning normally.

Regards,
    Zir

Suman M.

Hi, please post here your site’s htaccess content (as text file) –

1) before applying HMWP settings
    2) after applying HMWP settings

zir787

Hi Suman,

Please find the requested information below.

After research I have found that rewritebase / is creating problem with the subfolder I have created within the home directory (public_html) where the wordpress is installed.

Regards,

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by zir787.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Suman M.

If the subfolder name is “abcxyz” then it should be actually – RewriteBase /abcxyz/
    Please try changing the RewriteBase as above and let us know.

zir787

I can update it but the problem is, hide my wordpress will rewrite the .htaccess having the folder name removed.

I need a permanent solution where hide my wordpress does not keep playing with the subfolder of the public_html except for the wordpress installation.

edit: I did do what you suggested and it worked until I loaded my wordpress site and now again I have lost the settings into my .htaccess

Please advise how do I stop hide my wordpress to stop making changes to .htaccess over and over again or put an exception of the subfolder in hide my wordpress settings?

Regards,
    Zir

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by zir787.
    Suman M.

In that case please enable “customized htaccess” option in General Settings tab (this will disable auto update of htaccess file by HMWP). You then need to click on ‘Manual Configuration’ button in General Settings tab and add HMWP rules manually in htaccess file.

zir787

Hi Suman,

Thanks for the update I have tried that steps as suggested and so far have not seen a problem occurring again.
    One last thing I wanted to know is how do I hide wordpress words from my wordpress site? Earlier I remember there was a check box that I used to click and the settings use to apply.

Regards,
    Zir

Suman M.

What exactly do you want to hide? Make sure that you check the site in logged out state.
    You can use “replace in html” option under Replace Tools tab to replace the text/comments in the site’s page source.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.