Home Forums WordPress Plugins Hide My WP Questions about replace url and others

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    shubhra
    Active

Hi,
    Site name: AyurvedaMedicare.com
    Scheme: Medium privacy – More Compatibility

1. A form plugin makes a folder in the uploads folder that stores some of my images. How do I rename it? It has files like – wp-content/uploads/formidable/formidable.css / wp-content/uploads/formidable/image-150×150.jpg. I want to rename the word formidable in the url
    2. <br>

3. I activated rename plugins but this plugin name is not changed – http://ayurvedamedicare.com/ext/formidable/css/frm_fonts.css. it still says formidable.
    4. <br>

5. I have a plugin that adds a script to the HTML that mentions woocommerce. How do I change that so it doesn’t break functionality.
      <script type='text/javascript'>
      /* <![CDATA[ */
      var yith_wcan = {"container":".products","pagination":"nav.woocommerce-pagination","result_count":".woocommerce-result-count"};
      /* ]]> */
      </script>
    6. <br>

7. Please improve your documentation. it’s very bad. Add examples. There’s no mention of replace urls in docs.
      Suman M.

Hi, you can use “Replace URLs” option for this. You’ll have to add the following:
      wp-content/uploads/formidable/formidable.css (in old box)
      mycustomname.css (in new box)

Setting “rename plugins” options to “all plugins” should rename the word “formidable” in http://ayurvedamedicare.com/ext/formidable/css/frm_fonts.css. If you are using cache plugin please try deleting the cache.

In the case below, the word “woocommerce” cannot be replaced as it is used by woocommerce for specific purpose and doing so will break the functionality.
      var yith_wcan = {“container”:”.products”,”pagination”:”nav.woocommerce-pagination”,”result_count”:”.woocommerce-result-count”};

Regarding the documentation, yes, we’ll be updating it soon with more details.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by Suman M..
      shubhra
      Active

Hi, Thanks for replying.
      Renaming just wp-content/uploads/formidable/formidable.css is not possible as the wp-content/uploads/formidable has many number of image files and not just wp-content/uploads/formidable/formidable.css so I can’t replace every image file. Is there a way to just rename wp-content/uploads/formidable

I have ‘Only active plugins’ selected in ‘Rename plugins’ and wp-content/plugins/formidable is ‘Active’ so why is it not renaming it? Also, selecting ‘All plugins’ did not make a difference. Emptied all cache as well.

Suman M.

Currently there is no option in HMWP to rename wp-content/uploads/formidable. However you can try this manually:

Add following line in your site’s htaccess file just below RewriteRule ^index\.php$ – [L]

RewriteRule ^file/mycustomname/(.*) /wp-content/uploads/formidable/$1 [QSA,L]

Add following in “Replace in HTML” option under replace tools tab:

wp-content/uploads/formidable/ (in old box)
      file/mycustomname/ (in new box)

Regarding plugin name not being renamed in wp-content/plugins/formidable/, we’ll need to look into this further. Please provide us with your site’s backend details.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by Suman M..
      shubhra
      Active

Hi,
      Unfortunately your above suggestion did not work. I did as instructed by you above but it still outputs as http://[site.com]/file/formidable/css/formidablepro.css instead of http://[site.com]/file/mycustomname/css/formidablepro.css

My client has strictly prohibited me in providing anyone backend access. I can do the debugging if you instruct me where to look.

Suman M.

Can you please send us the following:
      – htaccess file (in text file format)
      – screenshot of “replace tools” tab page
      – screenshot of “permalinks & urls” tab page

shubhra
      Active
      This reply has been marked as private.
      shubhra
      Active

Update: I add RewriteRule ^file/mycustomname/(.*) /wp-content/uploads/formidable/$1 [QSA,L] in the htaccess file but after ‘Empty All Caches’ of w3tc, the above line in htaccess is gone

Suman M.

The solution I suggested was manual addition/process. But it seems to conflict with various other plugins. Hence we request not to use this step.

Currently, HMWP plugin doesn’t have option to replace URLs like /wp-content/uploads/formidable/. We have noted it down and could add this feature in the upcoming versions of the plugin.

shubhra
      Active

Hi,

Thanks for your help. My other question remains unanswered. ‘Formidable’ plugin is not renamed even after selecting ‘All Plugins’ option.

Suman M.

I checked the page source of http://ayurvedamedicare.com/ (without login) but couldn’t find path like http://ayurvedamedicare.com/ext/formidable/css/frm_fonts.css
      Can you please let me know the URL where we can check/see this?

shubhra
      Active
      This reply has been marked as private.
      Suman M.

Add the following in ‘Replace in HTML’ option box:

/ext/formidable (old)
      /ext/6b5fa4cf (new)

/wp-content/plugins/formidable (old)
      /wp-content/plugins/6b5fa4cf (new)

• This reply was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by Suman M..
      shubhra
      Active

That did it and so far everything is working well. Thank you. Please improve and update the documentation.

Suman M.

Yes, we’ll be updating documentation soon. Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.