Home Forums Scripts S3 File Uploader Upload successful, but wrong link generated

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    davidcox1970

Hello,

I have two issues which are apparent after a successful upload to AWS S3.

The link generated for the upload fails. It takes the form;
    http://www.myDomain.com/scriptLocation/undefined.

Secondly, the uploaded file has a unique string pre-pended to the file name which I would like to remove.

I suspect these issues are linked if there is a post-upload script that isn’t running for some reason.

Any help appreciated.

DC

davidcox1970

Update:
    I re-uploaded the whole script and now I get a link to s3 (albeit in the wrong format as others have reported). However, the filenames are still altered – for example, myFile.jpg is uploaded as xxxxx-myFile.jpg. Is there a way of ensuring the filenames are preserved?

DC

davidcox1970

Another update:
    Having patched the endpoint to get the correct bucket url format, I now get the following error if I follow the generated link:

“The authorization mechanism you have provided is not supported. Please use AWS4-HMAC-SHA256.”

My bucket is in the EU-West-2 region.

I have tried going into the AWS console and making the uploaded file public to test the link URL. The URL is correct, as the file will download if I strip off the access credentials. But adding them back in causes the error above.

DC

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.