Home Forums WordPress Plugins Hide My WP NGiNX rules for Centmin Mod

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    JoeDer

Hello,

Setting up nginx rules on Centmin Mod I realized that there is a prefix before hidden login page key and everywhere with that login key.

For example I have:
    rewrite ^/login /wp-login.php?<strong>squ_</strong>hide_my_wp=1234 last;

With this way it doesn’t work, if I delete that prefix (squ_) from all the lines of nginx rules then everything works ok. What exactly is this prefix?

And something else, for Centmin Mod users it’s good to create a config file first with nginx rules in: /usr/local/nginx/conf/ and then add the path at the end of your WP vhost file.

Suman M.

Hi, in the rule you pasted above I see <strong> tag, which actually should not be there. The rule should be like:

rewrite ^/login /wp-login.php?squ_hide_my_wp=1234 last;

JoeDer

Yeah, the bold tag (strong) it’s from this editor, I’ve tried to add it in to code tag but it’s not takes effect.
    The issue is the squ_ in all line rules. If I delete this everything work fine.
    e.g. rewrite ^/login /wp-login.php?hide_my_wp=1234 last;
    It’s something important? Did I make something wrong on that deletion?

Suman M.

Is “squ_” problem only in the rewrite rule below?
    rewrite ^/login /wp-login.php?hide_my_wp=1234 last;

Please enter the text without backslash “/” in ‘Change Login URL’ field in Permalinks & urls tab, so simply ‘login’ instead of ‘/login’. Then update HMWP rules in Nginx config and restart Nginx.

JoeDer

Yes, the “squ_” prefix? it was the only problem but now without the backslash in login field the issue has been solved. Everything works perfect!

Thank you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.