Home Forums WordPress Plugins Hide My WP Still visible in ISITWP and also Wappalyzer

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    LisaA
    Pro

I purchased both HideMyIP and Swift Security Hide WordPress to compare both plugins because I would like to use one of them on several sites.

On my test site, when HideMyIP is activated, it does not show the theme or WP in SpyBar but it does show WordPress CMS in Wappalyzer and also in ISITWP.

Using Swift Security, the theme and WP are hidden in SpyBar and also in Wappalyzer and ISITWP.

If both Wappalzer and ISITWP cache the sites, why is it hidden using one plugin but not the other?

My preference is to use HideMyIP because its established and I feel more comfortable with the interface but there really isn’t any use for a “Hide WordPress Plugin” unless everything is really hidden.

Any way to change this?

Suman M.

Hi Lisa, which version of HMWP you are using and what settings did you apply? You can enable “full hide” mode from general settings tab. Also, please let us know your website URL.

LisaA
    Pro

I am using the latest version v4.5, just purchased from CodeCanyon. I can not use Full Hide because I have several complicated forms on the site that use Quform and the HMWP Plugin breaks the Quform Captcha. However, for testing purposes I have changed the setting to High but still have the same problem with Wappalyzer.

As I said, I have tested this plugin along with the Swift Security and for some reason Swift Security can hide everything but it breaks the Theme’s CSS while in the WP Admin, which to me is a pain having to keep login and out or enable and disable the plugin. Your HMWP does not do that but it doesn’t hide everything.

I’ve read a variety of your responses saying that it’s because Wappalyzer and similar sites, cache the sites they visit, but if that is true, why is it that Swift Security can hide it.

Can this be fixed in HMWP?

Suman M.

Yes, we can help you fix it. There might be some text/words in your website’s page source which are not removed by HMWP plugin intentionally for specific reasons, such words might have to be removed manually via plugin. Please, let us know your website details (as private message) so that we can have a look at it.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by Suman M..
    LisaA
    Pro
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Suman M.

Hi, I’m not able to access yourdomain.com – website not available error! Can you please check?

• This reply was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by Suman M..
    LisaA
    Pro

I just checked it and everything is working correctly with that login info. The server must have been rebooting or something. Please try again.

LisaA
    Pro

Any ideas on this?

Hassan

Hi-

I have triad Wappalyzer and it couldn’t find WP. (Screenshot has been attached)

The strange thing is that it isitwp can’t find WordPress in our demo page but can find it in your site. I disabled custom 404 page and changed a line in the source code which may help.

I added ‘www’ and isitwp couldn’t find WP but can do that without WP.

I think it’s a cache problem. Let’s do a test, use FTP and rename these files in WP directory for a moment:
    index.php ==> index0.php
    wp-login.php ==> wp-login0.php

Then try again and let us know the result. Revert thing back after the test.

LisaA
    Pro

I will try what you suggested but if the screenshot is public, could you please remove it.

LisaA
    Pro

I just checked the site without doing anything to the FTP and now I can no longer see WP with Wappalyzer. Can you please tell me (privately), exactly what you changed to make this work. Also, your last response says that you changed a line in the source code, which line and which source code to which plugin. Please let me know.

Hassan

Glade to hear that!

As I said I just disabled custom 404 page! That line is now a part of Hide My WP 4.51 so you don’t need to use it individually!

It checks signs to know whether the visitor is isitwp or not. It do nothing with Wappalyzer.

LisaA
    Pro
    LisaA
    Pro
    Suman M.

It’s weird and immature on wpthemedetector.co.uk part that if actual theme couldn’t be detected it simply says that a plugin with file style.css is the theme. wpthemedetector.co.uk is our competitor and updates its detection algorithm as soon as we release new version of HMWP. So with each release we too need to update our algorithm/code. We hope to address this in the upcoming version of HMWP.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.