Home Forums WordPress Plugins Hide My WP 404 on /wp-admin/plugins.php and /wp-admin/update-core.php

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    dk

I’ve been using your plugin without any issues for years. Now it appears I’m getting 404 error when I attempt to visit /wp-admin/plugins.php or /wp-admin/update-core.php. Please advise.

dk
    This reply has been marked as private.
    dk

Note that “Hide wp-admin folder and its files for untrusted users.” is set. However, I’m getting 404 error as Administrator.

Suman M.

Hi, is above your htaccess content? It seems like there are two mod_rewrite blocks. Can you please provide us with your website backend details (as private reply) so that we can have a look at the issue.

dk
    Suman M.

Hi, can you please update HMWP to it’s latest version 4.54 and see if the issue still exists?
    Also, I tried to reset settings to WP from HMWP start tab, but still issue exists. So not sure as of now if the issue is related to HMWP.

dk
    Suman M.

That’s not issue but the feature. It is for full hide feature which disables usual access to WP files and hence more hiding in CMS finder tools! If you disable full hide option the secret code it will go away.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Suman M..
    dk
    Suman M.

As I explained above the secret code is essential for Full Hide feature. We don’t have Full hide option in old versions.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.