Home Forums WordPress Plugins Hide My WP Child theme changing URLs issue

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    HTCNewsIR
    Pro

Hello,

One of my clients using this plugin has an issue that I found out it is due to the theme using both parent and child theme.
    The issue is: the parent theme URL is now for example /skin and it is working fine, but there are some file loading from the child theme that due to the rewrite rules, it is now considered as site.com/skins/asset/js/file.js that this file does not exist in the parent theme, so the website sends 404 error and browser shows not found.
    Was that clear enough?
    And are there any ways to fix this issue? I have tried doing replacement in the plugin settings, and also adding manually rewrite rules in .htaccess file, but it did not work unfortunately.

Thanks in advance.

Suman M.

Hi, thanks for contacting us. Yes, I understood the issue but actually HMWP should work with parent/child theme setup.
    We’ll need to look into your site to know what exactly is the issue. Please let us know your site’s backend login details (as private reply), and let us know the page url where we can check the issue.

HTCNewsIR
    Pro
    This reply has been marked as private.
    HTCNewsIR
    Pro
    Suman M.

Hi, I’m not able to access your website anymore (yesterday it was working fine). Can you please check and let us know?

HTCNewsIR
    Pro
    Suman M.
    HTCNewsIR
    Pro
    Suman M.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.