Home Forums WordPress Plugins Hide My WP Error 500's being generated

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    dcipher

Dear support,

We’re having intermittent issues appearing on our WPML enabled site where we are experiencing intermittent 500 errors when opening pages in other languages. Further troubleshooting has identified that Hide My WP may be causing the issue. Upon resetting our htaccess file to the state prior to the HMWP config, the errors disappear.

Apache is generating the following log when the 500 error occurs: “AH00124: Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use ‘LimitInternalRecursion’ to increase the limit if necessary. Use ‘LogLevel debug’ to get a backtrace”

Enabling the plugin with the HMWP htaccess config begins to generate the errors again.

I’ll be forwarding a copy of the htaccess file and debug report for review.

Awaiting your reply.

dcipher
    This reply has been marked as private.
    dcipher
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Suman M.

Hi, I tried to access your site but it’s in coming soon mode. Can you please let us know your site’s wp-admin login details (as private reply) so that we can look into the issue? Thanks!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Suman M..
    dcipher

Hi Suman,

Apologies for that, I have restored the original htaccess file and disabled HMWP for the moment just monitor how things are progressing so accessing the site probably wouldn’t tell you much. I plan to reinstate HMWP today with a fresh configuration and test the site again to see if the 500 errors occur.

I will update this ticket in the next 24-48 hours and provide further access details if the error appears again.

Many thanks.

Suman M.

Alright! Do let us know.

dcipher

Hi Suman,

Things appear to be running much better now since we deployed a clean HMWP configuration.

Appreciate your willingness to assist, I’ll go on and close the case for the time being.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.