Home Forums WordPress Plugins Hide My WP Error establishing a database connection

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  StefanusNtep 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    StefanusNtep

Hello, i need help. I want to access my admin panel, previously i have renamed it around 6 months ago. Several days ago i also access the admin panel and it works well. But today when i want to login, it show me this notification :

Error establishing a database connection

I didn’t change anything in the database and Hide My WP setting. Can you please explain about it? Here is the notification :

http://prntscr.com/ocgsc3

StefanusNtep

Hello, can anyone help me?

Suman M.

Hi, the issue might not be related to HMWP. Please check following these steps:

– rename “hide_my_wp” plugin folder in /wp-content/plugins/ directory (via FTP or hosting ControlPanel)
    – comment out or remove following line from wp-config.php (if you have added it there previously)
    define(“ADMIN_COOKIE_PATH”, “/NEW_WPADMIN_PATH_NAME”);

Let us know!

StefanusNtep
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Suman M.

As it’s still the same error after renaming HMWP plugin folder (which will deactivate the plugin completely), the source of error seems to be something else, most probably, corrupt database or wrong database credentials. We recommend you to contact your hosting provider regarding this.

StefanusNtep

Ok thank you so much for the support. It was caused by the server. Thank you so much for your support.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.