Home Forums WordPress Plugins Hide My WP Error while users add or update the post

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Guido

Hi,
    After installing the plugin, I realized that the users as Editor and Author, can only log in, but can not modify or insert post, a blank page appears. In General Settings > Trusted User Roles, I set Editor and Author.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 3430401 bytes) in /web/htdocs/www.mysite.it/home/test/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3269

As you suggested, I tried to put the following code in wp-config.php file, but to no avail.
    ini_set(‘memory_limit’, ‘256M’);
    I send my website details (as private message)
    Thank You

Guido
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Suman M.

Hi, somehow the line “ini_set (‘memory_limit’, ‘256M’);” added in wp-config file was not working. I added it in your child theme’s functions.php and post add/edit worked fine. However, I added extra character “\” there in functions.php that caused syntax error. Can you please that extra “/” from the end of the file using FTP?

And yes you can use better-wp-security and it is also compatible with HMWP. if you are using W3 total cache’s minify feature, you’ll need to do some manual settings as explained here – http://codecanyon.net/item/hide-my-wp-no-one-can-know-you-use-wordpress/4177158/faqs/17774

• This reply was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by Suman M..
    Hassan

Hi guys!

I checked out the site. I could write and edit posts both as admin and as editor.

I assumed it’s duo to increasing memory limit so I installed some plugins to analyses your site.

After 21 times of profiling with different settings here is my observations:
    – At first, HMWP takes 30~50% of frontpage load time (without the cache), it was clearly not acceptable!
    – I continue testing and notice that enabling cache can decrease it but not so much
    – After many tests I noticed login related features takes a lot of time, I disabled hiding wp-login and it was decreased to %05 which is more than enough!!
    – The same behavior happened for Theme My Login, which is completely independent from HMWP. It takes 30~40% of time!

From one side cache doesn’t work in admin, from other side HMWP doesn’t do any serious task in admin, I also could edit and write post with both of usernames so I conclude it doesn’t matter whether you’re admin or editor, because memory errors may happen randomly base on server load.

Thanks to your great testing environment I could find a problem which I never thought about it. I’m still not sure whether it happens for others or not but I continue testing in my local site and fix the bugs if there was any.

Currently, I think increasing memory limit temporary solved your problem you can also disable hide wp-login.php and Theme my Login. Let us know if you encounter with any other problem.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.