Home Forums WordPress Plugins Hide My WP help! WP and plugins still detected

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  juliette 1 day, 5 hours ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    juliette

Hi there,

I installed your plugin and used the ‘light privacy’ option. I tried other options but they broke my site.

So, now, with the ‘light privacy’ option, when I check my website on sites like builtwith or w3techs, I still see WordPress and plugins listed. why is that the case?

FYI, this is what I want to achieve with your plugin:

– Hide to sites like BuiltWith the fact that I use WordPress, woo-commerce and other plugins.
    – Hide WP structure pages to bots (login, admin, theme, etc.). I am not a technical expert so if there are more, please hide them too )
    – Keep the same URL for categories, products, pages, tags, posts, and every URL visible to google so there is NO impact on SEO.

So basically change (and hide) everything that is NOT content-related. SEO is very important to us.

thank you or your help,

Suman M.

Hi, I’ve applied some settings in HMWP and added some replacements under “replace tools” tab. But builtwith.com is still detecting wordpress. These detection sites caches the result, so let’s check it after some hours. Also, check if everything is working fine in your site or not?
    Let us know!

– Hide WP structure pages to bots (login, admin, theme, etc.). I am not a technical expert so if there are more, please hide them too )
    – Keep the same URL for categories, products, pages, tags, posts, and every URL visible to google so there is NO impact on SEO.
    >> Yes it’s configured accordingly

juliette

thank you, Suman!
    I waited now 2 days and I still see wordpress and woocommerce in builtwith. Is this normal?

Suman M.

Hi, I don’t think these detectors cache results that long. These detectors keep on updating their detection algorithm, and hence we also need to keep HMWP plugin updated. We recommend you to wait for the next major release of HMWP plugin which will take care of these detectors too. Thanks!

juliette

Thanks, Suman! I can’t see how these sites can see I am using WP when your plugin is supposed to hide that. Could you please give me more details?

Suman M.

These detectors actually looks for certain wordpress paths, WP plugins/theme keywords, comments, etc. And if those are found it states the site as WordPress site.
    They keep on updating detection algorithm meaning that they’ll look for new keywords and patterns.

This our plugin needs to tackle and we too need to keep it updated. We have done some updates to take care of such detections, and this updated version will be out soon.

juliette
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Suman M.
    juliette
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.