Home Forums WordPress Plugins Hide My WP HMWP deactivation and working functions

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rico1
    Active

Hi,

First congratulations for this great plugin. Very powerful and useful.

I actually don’t have any trouble with HMWP and it’s work like expected. To improve server performance I would like to deactivate Apache’s support for .htaccess files and copy the rules directly in the vhost’s Apache configuration file.

Would you be so kind to tell me what will and won’t work if I move all settings to the vhost’s Apache configuration file and deactivate de plugin?

Thanks in advance.

Rico

• This topic was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by rico1.
    Suman M.

Hi, nothing will work if you deactivate the plugin! htaccess file only contains rewrite rules for the URLs that has been masked/replaced by HMWP plugin code. Hence, deactivating the plugin means your WP default URLs/paths won’t be changed.

rico1
    Active

Hi Suman,

Thank you for the fast reply. According to your reply, I understand I still can move the htaccess rules to Apache vhost’s conf file while keeping HMWP activated.

Regards

Suman M.

Hi, we haven’t tested it yet! But as htaccess file is nothing more than what should be written in the virtualhost file itself, it should work.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.