Home Forums WordPress Plugins Hide My WP Issues with hiding wp-admin path (v6.0)

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dcipher

Dear support,

I noticed an issue with the new version of the plugin (6.0) which now has an issue when trying to change the wp-admin path. This worked in previous versions of the plugin, not in v6.

The problem is as follows:
    – Upon changing the wp-admin path and clicking save (as an example I’ll use admin123 as the new path), the dashboard is supposed to redirect to a page that instructs you on what changes need to be made in the wp-config.php file however instead, it produces an WP error page stating that access to this page is not permitted.

– At this point, wp-admin access cannot be reestablished without resetting HMWP however this again can’t be done via the dashboard.

– Because I’ve done this before, I manually added the below entry into the wp-config.php file and saved it. This then allowed me to visit any 404 page on the site after being logged in, and then manually changing the URL to wp-admin. (Note that the previously saved wp-admin path was not accepted, however I still needed to add it to wp-config.php to regain access which is completely counter-intuitive)

Line added to wp-config: define(“ADMIN_COOKIE_PATH”, “/admin123”);

– After regaining access to wp-admin using the path /wp-admin, I could then reset HMWP and comment out the above wp-config parameter, which then brought everything back to normal.

Note that I tried this on a few deployments, all with clean HMWP installs and they all had the same issue.

I won’t b able to provide login details so please help provide thorough troubleshooting steps to help identify the issue.

Many thanks.

dcipher

Hi Suman, one more thing, looking at the new dashboard I can see a few issues – one of which says that the plugin cannot write to the htaccess file.

I can validate that this is incorrect because when I make changes in the plugin rewrite rules, I can see them being added to the htaccess file by the plugin.

Why is this error being displayed (see screenshot)?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Suman M.

Hi, thanks for contacting us. Apologies for the inconvenience caused. We’ve put these issues in priority list and I’ll get back to you on this.

dcipher

Hi Suman,

Any updates on this?

Suman M.

Hi, we’ve released HMWP version 6.0.1. Please update to this latest version and let us know if any issue. Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.