Home Forums WordPress Plugins Hide My WP Layout issues – quick fix doc doesn't help

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tbcom 4 days, 8 hours ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    tbcom

Hi there,

I just can’t figure out how to correctly configure the plugin without breaking the layout of the site.

I tried to follow your quick fix document for fixing the .htaccess, but with no luck.

Would you be please able to help me configure this?

Admin login attached. Please note that the site is password protected. The password to unlock the site is the same as admin password.

Many thanks,

Jan

Suman M.

Hi, I applied “Medium privacy more compatibility” settings scheme and it seems to be working fine. Can you please check and let us know?

Note: If you are using WP Rocket, then it’s recommended to disable “Optimize CSS delivery” and “Load JavaScript deferred” options.

tbcom

Hi Suman,

Thanks for your help, yes it seem to be working fine. I’m going to try and replicate the same setup on the live site.

So have you done any other edits other than just applying the medium privacy mode? Any edits to the .htaccess file?

Jan

Suman M.

Hi, I have made the changes in WP Rocket settings. Please check my previous comment for what’s updated there.

tbcom

Hi Suman,

Thanks. Loading deferred JavaScripts is quite an important feature of WP Rocket and it has a lot of good impact on the overall site speed. I feel like I’m loosing out on this.

One more thing. You say the plugin works with WP Job Manager plugin. I’m not sure it does. The issue is submitting images from the WP Job Manager’s product edit page.
    Images just won’t upload. They appear blank in the media library with an error message: Error: Image files are missing.

Is there any setting that could fix that?

Jan

Suman M.

Hi, yes, but for it to be compatible with HMWP that needs to be disabled. Most of the cases we have found that it conflicts with HMWP. You can try enabling it and see if the site breaks or not. Hopefully, in the upcoming versions we’ll find the workaround for this.

And regarding image upload issue with WP job manager plugin, please do these:
    – set “trusted user roles” for the users in HMWP General Settings tab
    – disable “Anti Spam” option in HMWP General settings tab
    – disable “Directory List” option in General settings tab
    – disable “Hide PHP Files” option in General settings tab
    – empty out “Ajax URL” field in Permalinks & URLs tab

– if above doesn’t fix the issue then try disabling IDS option in IDS Firewall tab.

Let us know!

tbcom

Hi Suman,

Sorry for the late answers, I’m just getting back to this now.

I’ve tried all the above, but none of it seems to play with WP Job Manager.

The only thing that does work is if I:

1. Empty out the “New wp-content path” field ( so nothing is set here to rename wp-content folder)
    and
    2. Empty out the “New upload path” so nothing is filled in here either.

Removing these two seems to be working fine so far.

Jan

Suman M.

Hi, can you please let us know the steps (with URLs) to regenerate/check the issue so that we can check further? Thanks!

tbcom

Hi Suman,

So I’ve had a few hours testing the plugin.

I don’t doubt that you guys are doing a great job and the plugin probably works great on smaller and more simple sites, but when the site is a bit more complex, the risk of messing things up is way too high.
    So once I manage to fix something, something else breaks, I can’t really use WP Rocket in its full potential which bothers me, GTMetrix rating went down significantly because of that, and I just don’t really have the time and patience to try make everything working.

So I like your plugin, it has a great potential, so please don’t get me wrong, but unfortunately it will not work for me and for that reason I won’t be using it.

Are you going to be ok if I request a refund via Codecanyon?

Thanks, Jan

Suman M.

Hi Jan, alright, please apply for the refund via your Envato Panel. Thanks!

tbcom

Hi Suman,

Many thanks, I’ve just sent the refund request via Envato.

Jan

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.