Home Forums WordPress Plugins Hide My WP My site is completely gone

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    yanose

I was using this on a subdirectory install with WooCommerce and a few other plugins for months with no problem. I just tried moving a few files to the trash and after I did, my entire subdirectory install is gone.

The only file that I could see having been changed was the .htaccess file, and replacing that with the standard .htaccess didn’t do anything. Moving HMWP out of my plugins folder to manually deactivate didn’t work.

I’m at a total and complete loss as to what just happened, but urgently need help as I was counting on working on this site for Monday. All of my files are there, everything in the database is there, but the only thing I get when I try to go to any page on that install is a 404. USing the ?hide_my_wp login link doesn’t even work, and I didn’t touch anything about it. Please let me know what the problem might be, because I’ve tried several things and I keep staring at 404s

yanose
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Hassan

Well, if you deactivated HMWP by renaming (or moving) its directory and also renamed (or changed) htaccess but the problem persists I guarantee that it was caused by another plugin or theme!

However, here’s some suggestions:
    – Rename htaccess and HMWP directory at the same time (you probably did it)
    – Rename htaccess in the root domain (if you use subdirectory)
    – If you can see HMWP page click to Reset Settings
    – Remove those custom paths from wp-contfig (WP_CONTENT_URL, etc) and rename WP folders to default
    – Rename other plugins directory
    – change your theme

• This reply was modified 9 years, 8 months ago by Hassan.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 8 months ago by Hassan.
    yanose
    This reply has been marked as private.
    yanose

Ignore the second question, I saw the replace option clear as day when I reinstalled. I am still wondering if there’s the potential for it to be interrupted somehow, or if the find/replace feature slows things down in any way.

I checked the customized .htaccess option, so hopefully there shouldn’t be an issue with an incomplete update attempt again.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.