Home Forums WordPress Plugins Hide My WP New Wapplyzer update now reveals WP

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    dcipher

Hi Suman,

The latest Wapplyzer update seems to now detect WP even with HMWP fully configured (the same config I’ve had for the past year).

Can you please validate and confirm what changes need to be made to HMWP in order to help fix this?

Many thanks.

Suman M.

Hi, thanks for contacting us. Can you please generate debug report from HMWP start tab and post it here as private reply?

dcipher

Hi Suman,

I replied privately but can’t see the reply, let me know if you’ve received it.

dcipher
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Suman M.
    dcipher
    dcipher
    Suman M.

So I’ve confirmed that the reason why those assets appear with the full path is because of the LScache plugin which optimises CSS etc… without breaking site layout.
    >> LScache plugin includes the full WP path while optimizing css and hence /wp-content path visible.

So if I disable CSS minification via the LSCache plugin, I can see that the wp-content folder in the page source is removed however wappalyzer still detects WP so I don’t think it was that that was causing it.
    >> Obviously /wp-content path visibility might lead to WP detection. It could also be that there is some other thing that makes wappalyzer detect WP. These detectors keep on updating their algorithm. So we might need to check further. Also it could be that wappalyzer has cached the previous results. So you may check after a day or so.

dcipher

Hi Suman,

Thanks for your reply. So regarding your second point, definitely not a cached instance of wappalyzer as it’s been the case for a few weeks now, even before the LScache optimisations were added.

You might have to research any algorithm changes that they may applied recently to see if HMWP needs tightening up to support proper hiding.

Suman M.

Yes, but this will take some time as I’ll need to ask our dev team to look further into this issue. Thanks!

Suman M.
    dcipher
    Suman M.

I could access your site now. I have assigned the issue related to WP detection via wappalyzer to our dev team. It might take some time. I’ll get back to you on this. Thanks!

dcipher

Brilliant, thanks Suman.

dcipher
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.