Home Forums WordPress Plugins Hide My WP Plugin changes Contact form details

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    chaplin35

Hi

This is a follow-up on Codecanyon thread:

Hi there.

I’ve just noticed that after installing the plugin, whenever someone sends an email from my website using Contact 7 Form it arrives to my Inbox like it’s sent from [email protected]

I know I can change that in the Settings area to whatever I want, but it’s not what I need. Default behaviour of Contact 7 Form is that if the visitor types in their email address and that email hits my Inbox, it shows that it’s sent by that person, [email protected] let’s say. If I then hit reply my email client sends it to [email protected] automatically, not to whatever is configured on Hide My WP Settings. How do I disable that function what gets added by this plugin please?

Thanks

As you guys asked I’ve created this thread here as well so I can share my WP details with you. If I’m correct I can send you my details privately after this post.

chaplin35
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Hassan

I did some change in the plugin!

You should recieve a test email.

Let me know the result!

chaplin35

Hi

I changed the email in the CF7 settings to my own (k****t@c*****n.co.uk), and sent an email via the contact us page. NO email have come through at all, and it’s not in the spam either.

Next time, would you mind testing with your own email please so you know if it works or not. We can’t have that NO emails are sent at all.

Thanks,

Kirret

Hassan

I changed cf7 email address to my email address and test it again.

Fortunately, it works!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.