Home Forums WordPress Plugins Hide My WP Plugin does not work with W3 Total Cache?

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Ivanko

Hi, I have a website, where i have W3 Total Cache plugin and when medium pre-settings are applied, and after cache is emptied, in source of the page, the theme name is still visible as well as the name of the plugins. Hide My WP ofcourse, works with fresh WP installation and theme activated. I get used to this plugin (W3 Total Cache) and if i could go on with development of my website with that particular cashing plugin, that would be great. Is there awareness of this problem and then maybe a solution?
    Best regards

Suman M.

Hi, is Minfy option also enabled in W3TotalCache? If so then you need a manual setting as mentioned here – http://codecanyon.net/item/hide-my-wp-no-one-can-know-you-use-wordpress/4177158/faqs/17774

For hiding plugin names please set “rename plugins” option to “all plugins” under permalinks & URLs tab.

Can you please post/attach your htaccess (as text file) here? Also, generate debug report (from HMWP start tab) and post it here as private reply.

Ivanko
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Suman M.

Fixed! The issue was because permalink structure was not enabled (http://www.apartment-trivan.com/wp-admin/options-permalink.php). I have set it to post-name now. And then I applied “medium privacy more comptability” scheme from HMWP start tab, and set “rename plugins” option to “all plugins” in permalinks & urls tab.

Ivanko
    Ivanko
    Suman M.

For HMWP to work custom permalink structure is required.
    I checked your site, and see that HMWP settings were not applied. Permalink structure was fine – post-name. I applied medium privacy settings in HMWP and everything looks fine. Permalink structure is not being auto switched to default.

Ivanko
    Suman M.

Done! I applied the same settings as in previous website and it’s all okay now:

– in HMWP start tab, selected “medium privacy more compatibility” scheme and saved settings
    – in HMWP permalinks & urls tab, set “rename plugins” option to “all plugins” and saved settings

Ivanko

Thank you! Looks like the problem was in the fact that i didn’t go step by step, instead i opened all in tabs first, the permalink, the hide my wp, the empty cache – so when i changed permalink structure and then i go other tab in my browser, hide my wp, and then after i applied medium settings, it automaticaliy returned permalink structure to default. So now, when i go step by step, i managed to configure this without a problem. Thank you for all the help, best reagards and best of luck in your future projects! 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.