on installing the Hide My WP, light version my site was broken. But since I was satisfied customer from Code Canyon, i thought of buying the product and give the full version a try.
1. Please suggest a full step by step guide/procedure for the installation.
2. Please note that the current site is on AWS, and runs on an ip address, I would later be updating the DNS, then the website will have a proper name for it. will there be any issue if I install the Hide My WP now, and then there is the change in name?
Please suggest what should I do? Before I point the domain name to this installation i want to ensure that the plugin is working.
1) Please follow these steps:
– activate HMWP plugin
– enter HMWP purchase code in Start tab and save settings
– apply ‘medium privacy more compatibility’ settings scheme from start tab and save settings
(the new login url will be http://www.YourDomain.com/wp-login.php?hide_my_wp=1234)
As you are on AWS, make sure that .htaccess file is enabled. If .htaccess is not writable, then you’ll need to manually add HMWP rules in htaccess file (by clicking ‘manual configuration’ button in General Settings tab and following the steps mentioned)
I am still not able to implement it. Since I was trying on the backup /staging site, I have not entered the license code. But the site in broken after the implementation of it. https://126.96.36.199/
I have also set the wp configured the wp-config file as writable. and then deactivated and activated the plug in, but it still failed.
Please suggest/ what you can do for the successful installation of it.