Home Forums WordPress Plugins Hide My WP switching off "HMWP IDS Alert" email notifications

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    pmiguet

Hi,

somehow I seem to be a bit stupid. I use two licenses of your plugin on two different websites. Recently I started receiving emails titled “HMWP IDS Alert” from one of my blogs. I can’t figure out where I switched that on, as I never used to get these before.

On my second wordpress site, with exactly the same settings, I don’t get these email notifications. I thought I’m being intelligent and compare and will find the option to switch it off, but all the settings are identical. So I am not sure why I receive notification on one blog but not the other. Would anyone be able to help me and tell me what switch I screwed around with?

Your help would be much appreciated! 🙂

Kind regards,

Philippe

Suman M.

Hi, you can stop receiving those emails by setting “Block Threshold” value to 0 in IDS Firewall tab.

pmiguet

But does that mean it ONLY changes the email notification or is it also changing the setting how much is actually being blocked? I don’t the latter to change, I just want the email notifications to stop but still doing the same work in the background. 😉

Suman M.

Yes, setting “Notify Threshold” to 0 will only stop email notification. The intrusion detection system (IDS) will work normally.

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by Suman M..
    pmiguet

Lovely! Thank you for that!
    May I suggest to add a little explanatory text to that or rename it or… i don’t know… just make it more obvious for people like me? Would be much appreciated!

Cheers!
    Philippe

Suman M.

Sorry, it’s “Notify Threshold”, and not “Block Threshold”.

You have to set “Notify Threshold” to 0
    Leave “Block Threshold” to default 20

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.