Home Forums WordPress Plugins Hide My WP WP detection, footprint in source

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    befree22

I’m reposting my code canyon issues here:

I’m using medium privacy more compatibility settings. 1. WP detection. RIght now, whatwpthemeisthat shows 1 active plugin and a child theme (I can always delete the child theme). This is the only plugin that it detects. I want to know why.

2. Intrusion. After changing the wp-login and wp-admin, I had to login again and I saw 2 “Intrusions” caused by Request.psw. As admin, why is it detecting this? I did an “exclude” for my admin login. Now I’m getting nefarious intrusions — I think because they detected that I’m using WordPress.

3. Footprint in source code. In Replace with HTML, I changed WordPress and wordpress but no changes in source code.

befree22
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Suman M.

Hi, there’s 500 internal server error. But I did get chance to look at your site before this error.
    – can you please fix your parent theme. In your site backend “Appearance” it’s not being displayed correctly
    – managed to hide the plugin using “replace in html” option
    – I’ve increased the notification value for instrusions, so that you are not notified for low impact intrusions. Also, HMWP will take care of the intrusions itself and you need not worry.
    – now there’s 500 error in your site. Not sure if my change caused it, becase I didn’t do any major change in HMWP settings. May be you’d need to check htaccess. Let me know when your site is back.

befree22
    Suman M.

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. The error is most probably due to error in htaccess file. You can either share your site’s FTP details with us so that we can fix htaccess or else edit your htaccess file via FTP, and add default htaccess content there. You can find default htaccess details here – http://codex.wordpress.org/htaccess

Also, backup your current htaccess file before editing.

befree22
    befree22
    Suman M.

Hi, everything seems to be working fine now.

Your site is not detected as WP site now @ whatwpthemeisthat.com and wpthemedetector.com

I’ve disabled rename wp-admin option in HMWP settings, this seems to be creating issue in your site. Other things I added are few lines in “replace in html” and “replace URLs” option in General settings tab.

Please check the site and let me know if any issue there.

befree22

OK, disabling rename wp-admin option in settings fixed the problem.

The site works fine 🙂

Thanks for all your help.

befree22
    Suman M.

Hi, it’s not being detected now. I’ve set “rename plugins” option to “all plugins” under HMWP’s Permalinks & URLs tab.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by Suman M..
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.