Home Forums WordPress Plugins Hide My WP Help with Settings

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    alonsofl
    Pro

Hello,

I have an ecommerce site and I have a few questions because I saw that you have two documentations. And there is no enough data for some options.

Replace Mode: Do you recommend Full Page or Quick? If I will use a cache plugin*
    Full Hide option. What includes exactly? I am asking this because it says is experimental. And not sure if is necessary to enable it.
    Directory List option. It have something with Google indexing? or any other directory? or is about local files?
    Hide PHP Files. I have an ecommerce site (WooCommerce). And I am not sure if the theme or plugins need direct access to PHP. Is there any way to know this?
    Remove Body/Post/Menu Classes. As I mentioned I use WooCommerce. Do you recommend using this?

alonsofl
    Pro
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Suman M.

Hi,

Replace Mode: Do you recommend Full Page or Quick? If I will use a cache plugin
    >> Full page

Full Hide option. What includes exactly?
    >> This is basically for hardening wordpress detection via online detectors, and you can enable it. But as it states, it’s still in experimental mode. It will be working fully in the upcoming versions.

Directory List option. It have something with Google indexing? or any other directory? or is about local files?
    >> It basically blocks directory listing, i.e. if someone tries to access any directory/folder in your site then it’ll be blocked.

Hide PHP Files
    >> This will block direct access to PHP files. Some plugins might need direct php file access. So, if you enable this option, please check that all the functionalities in your site is working fine.

Remove Body/Post/Menu Classes. As I mentioned I use WooCommerce. Do you recommend using this?
    >> Yes, you can.

For this url “https://www.mydomain.com/template/ext/hide_my_wp/js/scripts.js”, please add replacement like below in “replace urls” section:

wp-content/plugins/hide_my_wp/js/scripts.js ==> hw-scripts.js

alonsofl
    Pro
    alonsofl
    Pro
    Suman M.
    alonsofl
    Pro

I can’t answer because Wordfence blocks me.

alonsofl
    Pro
    Suman M.

Hi, you might have been blocked because you are posting URLs. If you post the URLs without “http://www.” then it should be fine. Also, if you have HTML elements in your post then it might be blocked.

1) That’s fine. It’s stylesheet ID if it’s within <style> tag

2) You can replace the url to any path/name you want. You can add replacement like below in Replace Urls section:

wp-content/plugins/[PLUGINNAME]/packages/woocommerce-blocks/build/style.css ==> somename.css

([PLUGINNAME] is the plugin folder name in /wp-content/plugins/ directory)

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Suman M..
    alonsofl
    Pro
    alonsofl
    Pro
    alonsofl
    Pro
    Suman M.
    alonsofl
    Pro
    Suman M.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.